Autor Thema: Wer war denn der Knabe hier?  (Gelesen 10426 mal)

CitizenX

• Gast
Wer war denn der Knabe hier?
« am: 16.06.2005 15:00 Uhr »
Zitat
Frankfurter Zeitung und Handelsblatt, 20. September 1888

London, 18. Septbr.
Zwei Personen sind zur Zeit wegen der Whitechapel-Morde in Verhaft, und beide sind Ausländer. Der erste ist ein Schweizer, Namens Isenschmid, eine Schweinemetzger in Holloway, der vor einigen Jahren einen Sonnenstich hatte und seither von Zeit zu Zeit verrückt ist. Er wurde zeitweilig im Irrenhaus versorgt. Er hatte die Gewohnheit, sich Tage lang zu absentiren und eine großes Schlachtmesser zu schleifen. Die Polizei hat mehrere Tage auf ihn gefahndet und ihn gestern dingfest gemacht. Nummer zwei ist ein Deutscher, Karl Ludwig, 40 Jahre alt, wohnacht 1 Monories. Er erschien heute vor dem Polizeigericht in Thamesstreet unter der Anklage der Trunkenheit und des Mordversuchs gegen einen gewissen Alexander Finlay in Whitechapel. In seinem Besitz fand sich ein langes dolchartiges Taschenmesser, ein Rasiermesser und eine Scheere. Ein Citykonstabler deponirte außerdem, er habe früh Morgens eine Frau in einem dunkeln Hof in den Minories „Mordio“ rufen hören, sei herbeigeeilt und die Dirne habe ihm gesagt, der Mann habe ein großes Messer herausgezogen und sie tödten wollen. Der Polizist ließ trotzdem den Mann gehen und auch die Dirne verschwand. Später wurde er für die andere That verhaftet und wieder erkannt.

Wer ist das? Hab noch nie was über den Karl Ludwig gelesen :)

Butcher

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: 16.06.2005 15:09 Uhr »
Ich hab auch noch nie was von dem gehört.

CitizenX

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 16.06.2005 15:18 Uhr »
Bin grad das Zeitungsarchiv am durchlesen - Wahnsinn, wieviele Trittbrettfahrer es gegeben haben muss.

Aber am Besten immer noch die Meldung von der "Staufenberger Zeitung" (wenn ich mich jetzt nicht irre), die schreibt das seit dem 5.09. jeden Tag aufs Neue eine schrecklich entstellte Frauensperson gefunden wurde.
(Meldung vom 09.09., seit vier Tagen werden jeden Tag...)

Also es waren wohl mindestens 32,5 Opfer die dem JTR zuzuschreiben sind. lol.

EDIT: Hier die Original-Meldung aus dem Zeitungsarchiv von Thomas.

Zitat
Staufener Wochenblatt, 13. September 1888

Aus London, 9. Sept., wird geschrieben: Ein unheimliches Scheusal setzt die Weltstadt in Schrecken. Seit vier Tagen findet man jeden Morgen in dem Viertel Whitechapel die Leiche einer Frauensperson.

Warum nehmen die nichmal die Leiche von der Frau von der Strasse und lassen die vier Tage liegen?

Oder hier, der Mord an Mary J. Kelly - es wurde zwar auf Bluthunde gewartet, aber als die dann doch nicht kamen, hat man die Wohnung ohne sie geöffnet.

Staufener Wochenblatt

Zitat
Die Polizei versuchte es, Bluthunde auf die Spur des Mörders zu bringen. Ob die Sicherheitsbehörde diesmal in der Ermittlung des Thäters glücklicher sein wird, bleibt abzuwarten.

Offline academyfightsong

• Superintendent
« Antwort #3 am: 16.06.2005 18:43 Uhr »
The Daily Telegraph
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 1888:

At the Thames Police-court, yesterday, Charles Ludwig, 40, a decently-attired German, who professed not to understand English, and giving an address at the Minories, was charged with being drunk threatening to stab Alexander Finlay, of 51, Leman-street, Whitechapel. - Prosecutor said that at three o'clock on Monday morning he was standing at a coffee-stall in the Whitechapel-road, when Ludwig came up in a state of intoxication. The person in charge of the coffee-stall refused to serve him. Ludwig seemed much annoyed, and said to witness, "What are you looking at?" He then pulled out a long-bladed knife, and threatened to stab witness with it. Ludwig followed him round the stall, and made several attempts to stab him, until witness threatened to knock a dish on his head. A constable came up, and he was then given into custody. - Constable 221 H said when he was called to take the prisoner into custody he found him in a very excited condition. Witness had previously received information that Ludwig was wanted in the City jurisdiction for attempting to cut a woman's throat with a razor. On the way to the station the prisoner dropped a long-bladed knife, which was open, and when he was searched a razor and a long-bladed pair of scissors were found on him. - Constable John Johnson, 866 City, deposed that early on Tuesday morning he was on duty in the Minories, when he heard loud screams of "Murder!" proceeding from a dark court. The court in question leads to some railway arches, and is a well-known dangerous locality. Witness went down the court, and found the prisoner with a prostitute. The prisoner appeared to be under the influence of drink. Witness asked what he was doing there, and he replied, "Nothing." The woman, who appeared to be in a very agitated and frightened condition, said, "Oh, police-man, do take me out of this." The woman was so frightened that she could then make no further explanation. Witness got her and the accused out of the court, and sent the latter off. He walked with the woman to the end of his beat, when she said, "Dear me! he frightened me very much when he pulled a big knife out!" Witness said, "Why didn't you tell me that at the time?" and she replied, "I was too much frightened." He then went and looked for the prisoner, but could not find him, and therefore warned several other constables of what he had seen, and also gave a description of the prisoner. Witness had been out all the morning trying to find the woman, but up to the present time had not been able to do so. He should know her again. He believed the prisoner worked in the neighbourhood. - Mr. Saunders said it was clear the prisoner was a dangerous man, and ordered him to be remanded for a week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Times
Wednesday, 19 September 1888:

Charles Ludwig, the German charged yesterday at the Thames Police-court with being drunk and threatening to stab, was at once connected by popular imagination with the murder. Our police report will show that some of the circumstances of the case seem to support such an hypothesis. The youth who was threatened early yesterday morning stated to a correspondent that the first he saw of Ludwig, as he calls him, was about a quarter to 4 o'clock. The prisoner was then at the top of Commercial-street, in company with a woman, whom he was conducting in the direction of the Minories. "I took no notice of this at the time," added the witness, "except to make a remark to a coffee-stall keeper. In about a quarter of an hour the woman ran back in a state of fright, as it seemed. At any rate she was screaming and exclaiming, ' You can't do that to me.' Again I thought little of it, as I only fancied she had had some drink, but within five minutes the prisoner came up and asked for a cup of coffee at the stall where I was standing. He, at all events, was drunk, and would only produce a halfpenny in payment for the coffee which was given him. I suppose he noticed me looking at him, for he suddenly turned round and asked in broken English, ' What you looking at?' I replied that I was doing no harm, but he said, 'Oh, you want something,' and pulled out a long penknife, with which he made a dash at me. I eluded him and snatched from the stall a dish, which I prepared to throw at his head, but as he retreated after making the first dash I only called to a policeman who was near by and had him arrested. He is slightly built, and perhaps about 5ft. 6in. in height, dark complexioned, and wearing a grizzled beard and moustache. I should think he is about 40 years of age. There is something the matter with one of his legs, and he walks stiffly. I heard that at the police-court this morning he pretended not to understand English, but his English when he addressed me was plain enough, though broken; and besides, when the officer who had him in charge told me on the way to Leman-street to see that he did not throw anything away, he at once dropped the penknife - which had till then been in his possession - as if the idea of getting rid of it had only just occurred to him. I have never seen him before. " Ludwig entered the employment of Mr. C. A. Partridge, hairdresser, the Minories, a fortnight ago last Saturday. On Monday night last he went to an hotel in Finsbury, where he had previously lodged, and remained there until about 1 o'clock in the morning. He produced a number of razors, and acted in such a manner that some of the inmates were quite frightened. The landlady of this hotel states that on the day after the last murder in Whitechapel Ludwig called early in the morning and washed his hands, stating that he had been injured. Another person has alleged that there was blood on the man's hands, but as to this the landlady cannot speak.

Mehr über Ludwig:

A CUT-THROAT BUSINESS
by Andy Aliffe

The Complete History of Jack the Ripper Sugden
Seite 148-152

Jack the Ripper First American Serial Killer Evans & Gainey
Seite 61-63

allerteuerste

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 10.07.2005 13:09 Uhr »
WOW!!!! finde ja schon, dass an dem knaben was dran ist!!!  :shock:

ich erinnere mich, entweder in diesem forum oder im casebook, in einem posting eines users eine theorie gelesen zu haben, in der er die meinung vertritt, der ripper hätte probleme mit seinen beinen gehabt.

er bezieht sich dabeit auf eine zeugenaussage, in der angeführt wird, dass der verdächtige "intoxicated" gewesen wäre, was in der interpretation jeder theorie auch heißen könnte, dass er nur nicht richtig gehen konnte.

hat das wer von euch auch gelesen?

allerteuerste

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 10.07.2005 13:11 Uhr »
mir fällt beim lesen immer wieder auf wie hoch das aggressionspotetnial der eastend bewohner gewesen sein muss.

jeder scheint nicht nur messer oder rasiermesser en masse mit sich rumzuschleppen, sondern war offensichtlich auch jederzeit bereit, sie einzusetzen!

unvorstellbar, was die armen prostituierten mitmachen mussten und welchen gefahren sie ausgesetzt waren.

Stordfield

• Gast
Re: Wer war denn der Knabe hier?
« Antwort #6 am: 11.09.2009 11:13 Uhr »
Hallo Thomas !

"Dr. Cohen und Dr. Crabb informieren die Polizei, dass ihrer Meinung nach Jacob Isenschmid der Ripper sei." (jacktheripper.de)

Ich finde das sehr interessant. Könntest Du das vielleicht noch etwas ausführen? Wer sind die beiden Ärzte?

Gruß Stordfield

Floh82

• Gast

Offline thomas schachner

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • http://www.jacktheripper.de
« Antwort #8 am: 11.09.2009 17:46 Uhr »
steht ja auch so in unserer timeline:

Dr. Cowan und Dr. Crabb unterrichten die Polizei, dass ihrer Meinung nach Jacob Isenschmid der Ripper sei.

<~> any propaganda is good propaganda, as long as they spell your name right <~>

Stordfield

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 11.09.2009 19:16 Uhr »
Hallo Floh !

Es war ein Fehler meinerseits. Ich habe mich schlicht und einfach verschrieben. :icon_redface:
Vielen Dank für die Links. Das hilft mir sehr weiter.

Gruß Stordfield