Autor Thema: william henry bury  (Gelesen 100277 mal)

Offline Lestrade

• Superintendent
  • Watson, fahr schon mal die Kutsche vor...
Re: william henry bury
« Antwort #120 am: 05.01.2014 17:52 Uhr »
Grüß dich Howard!
Das dachte ich mir bereits. Ich schrieb es nur aus Spaß, vielleicht, weil ich mir unsicher war.  :empathy: :connie_boy_cleanglasses:

Alles wird gut.:good:

Wer ist dein Lieblingsverdächtiger? Kannst Du jemanden nennen? Oder hast Du für dich eine bestimmte Theorie angenommen?

Hi Howard,
I thought as much. I only wrote it in fun, possibly because I was very uncertain. :empathy: :connie_boy_cleanglasses:

(I completely agree with you Andromeda. From the point of view of the police, Tumblety certainly belongs to the same category as Bury. The police seemingly took these suspects extremely seriously.) 
[/i]

Completely- certainly- seemingly- extremely seriously

ly and ly and ly:biggrin:

Everything is going to be alright...  :good:

Who is your favorite suspect? Could you name anyone? Or do you have accepted a certain theory?
Wer wartet mit Besonnenheit, der wird belohnt zur rechten Zeit...

Offline H. R. Brown

• Sergeant, H Division
« Antwort #121 am: 07.01.2014 12:50 Uhr »
Dear Les:
Thanks for asking me....I don't, at this time, have a favorite or preferred suspect.
Bury is, however, very interesting and those who propose that he may have been the Ripper do so without the usual far fetched theories.
Again, thanks for asking, Lestrade :good:

Offline H. R. Brown

• Sergeant, H Division
« Antwort #122 am: 07.01.2014 12:58 Uhr »
 Dear Lestrade

I almost forgot !

This is a link to the program one of the members of JTRForums kindly set up which is a fine program on Bury.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?p=127256#post127256

It was made in 2009, and it features William Beadle, Stewart Evans, and Euan Macpherson, the author of The Trial of Jack The Ripper.

I hope you enjoy it.

How

Offline Lestrade

• Superintendent
« Antwort #123 am: 07.01.2014 13:51 Uhr »
My dear How,

Bury is, however, very interesting and those who propose that he may have been the Ripper do so without the usual far fetched theories.

We could not agree more!

Thanks for the link I will enjoy listening. And thank for your answer regarding your suspect.

I am almost tempted to say you prefer Robert D´Onston Stephenson (donston1888) :Laie_98:. How do you feel today about Donston? There was a time when I was interested in Stephenson but that was long time ago, “For everything there is a season”

Lestrade.

Offline H. R. Brown

• Sergeant, H Division
« Antwort #124 am: 07.01.2014 16:48 Uhr »
Sehr geehrte Lestrade:
Auf einmal war ich der festen Überzeugung, dass von all den bekannten Verdächtigen, war D'Onston an der Spitze ... eine Auffassung, die ich nicht mehr zu halten.
Wenn Sie und alle anderen daran interessiert, was wird das definitive Buch über D'Onston sein soll, hat der britische Ripperologist Mike Covell ein auf den Mann, der alle Erwartungen übertreffen wird geschrieben. Es ist nur eine Frage der Zeit, bis Mike hat sie veröffentlicht.
Herr Covell hat eine Menge Arbeit in der Konstruktion des Buches gestellt, im Gegensatz zu wiederhole zuvor geschriebenen Berichte über sein Leben.

Dear Lestrade:
At one time I was firmly of the opinion that of all the known suspects, D'Onston was at the top...a view that I no longer hold.
If you and anyone else is interested in what will be the definitive book on D'Onston, British Ripperologist Mike Covell has written one on the man which will exceed all expectations. It is just a matter of time before Mike has it published...Mike has put a lot of work into constructing the book, as opposed to repeating previously written accounts of his life.

Offline Lestrade

• Superintendent
« Antwort #125 am: 07.01.2014 18:03 Uhr »
Yes Howard, that´s true!

I read of Mike Covell´s works on Jack the Ripper regularly. Either on Casebook or on JTRForums ;) as elsewhere. He is a brilliant Ripperologist. I´m sure that you already know this interview on Jenny´s website:

http://jacktheripperinvestigations.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/interview-with-ripperologist-mike-covell.html

“JS Are you planning any books on the Ripper that you can tell us about?

Mike Covell - Yes, they are, Jack the Ripper – From Hell From Hull? Vol I features Robert D’Onston Stephenson. Jack the Ripper – From Hell From Hull? Vol II features Frederick Bailey Deeming Jack the Ripper – From Hell From Hull? Vol III features the other 10 suspects Jack the Ripper – Newspapers From Hull? Vol I features newspaper reports on the case from the available Hull newspapers of the time covering the year 1888. Jack the Ripper – Newspapers From Hull? Vol II features newspaper reports on the case from the available Hull newspapers of the time covering the year 1889 - 1988. All are completed, fully referenced, feature images, maps, photographs, primary sources, official files, previously unseen material, bibliography, and extensive source lists.”

He runs his own Blogg and I find it very exciting:

http://blog.casebook.org/mcebe/

Lestrade.

Ja Howard, das stimmt!

Ich lese regelmäßig über die Arbeiten von Mike Covell zum Thema Jack the Ripper. Entweder auf Casebook oder im JTRForums als auch woanders. Er ist ein hervorragender Ripperologe. Ich bin sicher, dass Du bereits dieses Interview auf Jenny´s Webseite kennst:

Er betreibt seinen eigenen Blogg und ich finde diesen sehr interessant:

Offline H. R. Brown

• Sergeant, H Division
« Antwort #126 am: 07.01.2014 21:01 Uhr »
Danke, Lestrade !
Mike is a moderator on JTRForums...and my good friend.
I will tell him about your kind comments.

Offline Lestrade

• Superintendent
« Antwort #127 am: 07.01.2014 23:58 Uhr »
That´s very kind Howard and it´s an honour for me. Tell Mike Covell, I send my warmest greetings to him.