Autor Thema: Frage zu den Tatortfotos und deren Geschichte.  (Gelesen 16835 mal)

Offline Shadow Ghost

• Superintendent
Re: Frage zu den Tatortfotos und deren Geschichte.
« Antwort #15 am: 15.01.2015 15:31 Uhr »
Hier ein paar Zeitungsausschnitte zum Thema Retina-Fotographie.

Aberdeen Weekly Journal (Aberdeen)
14 September 1888

Amongst the suggestions made to the police was one that the retina of the eye of the murdered woman should be photographed. It has been held for some time that in the extreme anguish of coming death the face of the assassin is impressed upon the eye of his victim, and that, if a photograph were taken before decay had not in, the phenomenon would be clearly established. The suggestion in the present case was not adopted, but some say this experiment will probably be made.

The Echo (London)
19 September 1888

USELESS TO PHOTOGRAPH RETINA
By the Jury - Witness [Dr Phillips], at an early stage, gave his advice to the Police that it would be useless to photograph the retina of the woman's eyes to see what was the last object retained on them. He also advised that bloodhounds would be of no use.

The Echo (London)
21 September 1888

THE WHITECHAPEL MURDER
Sir - As the question has once or twice arisen, in connection with the last murder in Whitechapel, as to whether an image of the murderer might be found in the retina of the victim, perhaps you will allow me to say that, under the circumstances, such a thing would be impossible.
I have gone somewhat deeply into the subject of the effect of light on the retina, and I know, from repeated experiments, that an impression of an object can only be retained on the retina by fixing the eye immovably on one particular point in the object for several seconds; and, even in that case, the object must be strongly illuminated. It is not conceivable, in the terrible struggle which must have taken place, that the woman's eye could have been immovably fixed for any appreciable period; but, even if it had been, the retina would require to be chemically treated almost instantly to retain even a faint impression.
I am, Sir, your obedient servant,
Sidney Hodges.
19 Pont street, Sept. 20.

Dass dieses Verfahren an irgendeinem Tatort angewendet wurde, konnte ich nirgends finden.

Offline academyfightsong

• Superintendent
Re: Frage zu den Tatortfotos und deren Geschichte.
« Antwort #16 am: 16.01.2015 11:22 Uhr »
Zitat
Eine Pfeife die von einem Arzt ins Feuer geworfen wurde...

Davon habe ich ehrlich gesagt noch nie was gehört. Hast du irgendwelche genaueren Infos dazu?

€: Hat sich erledigt, hab den link gefunden.